Monday, December 5, 2011

Podcast and Web 2.0 Presentations


Tonight class was all about watching the podcast and web 2.0 presentations.  In a previous blog, I had mentioned a group project about creating a podcast. So tonight we get the honors of watching every group’s podcast. Just a reminder, the objective of the podcast was supposed to teach something to the audience.  The first podcast that we watched was about finding the perfect recipe for making brownies. The second one was the one my group did, the making of Chicken Buffalo Dip. The third podcast that we watched was about teaching us how to use an iPhone.  That was all the podcast that we were able to get to tonight, so the rest will be for the next class.
            As for the web 2.0 presentations, there were a lot of people that presented. The first one was called MixBook. It’s an online scrapbook. As you are aware, images and photos are easily access on the net, thus making it much easier and less messier to make. The program itself is free, however, if you wish to acquire your final product, you can pay for it and they will send you your Mix Book. I do agree that this can make a nice collaborative classroom tool. Anyway, people also presented their web 2.0 on FaceBook, Twitter, EduBlogs, and Engrade.
            Do I need to talk about them, maybe, maybe not. I did find the Facebook presentation quite useful though. I already have an facebook account, and after watching his presentation, I thought, this is the perfect way to create a website for my workplace. You see, I’ve been trying to figure out how to make one for a while. And this, this was the answer I have been looking for. As soon as he presented it, I started to create one. Sorry, because I slacked off, I did not pay too much attention to the other presentations like I should... Luckily, the professor has the document with the links of all the web 2.0 presentations up, so I can easily access them to my conveniences.
            Although I did pay partial attention to the discussion between Facebook and Twitter and I have to say that I agree with the fact that Facebook can be too invasive. For twitter, people can only follow status updates. As for Facebook, people can check out photos, wall posts, videos, and so forth about that friend… Which in my opinion is the easiest way for predators to stalk you. Definitely not something I would use in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment