At first I thought this assignment was going to be difficult since I am the type to get confuse with technology. Luckily the professor spent the time in class going over this assignment. We learned to use formulas and shortcuts that I didn't think existed in this program. This experience and practice gave me the confidence that I can do this project without any problem.
After finishing the project and reviewing quite a few time, I am glad that we had to do this. Through this assignment, I learned how to use excel in ways I didn't possible. For example, creating a grade book that used weighted score. This is so useful to know and easy to use after getting through the technical part. ^_^
Creating the bar graph to display certain information was easier than I thought as well. It was thanks to the professor for going through step-by-step on how the graph can be created that I am able to isolate the part that I want to analyze, move the legions, add the numerical part to the graph, etc. This project allowed me to reflect on how I may teach in the future because I can easily use the data/ results of the students' progress to determine if there are any area(s) that I may need to re-teach.
As for the formulas, definitely made life easier. Although it may take me more time to manually input the data for the formulas, it calculates everything for me and if I were to change one of the result of a quiz or something, the overall grade will update itself. This mean I do not have to re-calculate anything. Hopefully one day I will figure out how to input the data for each student at a faster method.
Overall I must say that Excel is an excellent tool to use in the classroom. Just need to get through the technical parts in the beginning, and everything else is all set.
No comments:
Post a Comment