When class began, the professor took attendance using the "Interactive White Board." At first I thought it was a Smart Board, but they are two separate piece of technology. Even though they are similar in the aspect of it being interactive with the students. If every classroom has this type of technology, it can definitely save some time during activities transition.
As the class continued, we proceeded with a few class discussions. One of them was about the videos of the students today in classrooms. I can definitely say that I can relate to them, since I am still a student myself. I even did some of the things the students in the video "A Vision of Student Today" did.
When the topic changed to "Digital Native vs Digital Immigrant," I felt that I am someone who fell in-between. Not really an immigrant and not really a native. When I am given a new piece of technology, like a native, I would play with it and figure it out. However, like an immigrant, sometimes it takes me a while to figure it out, or in some cases, I may even need outside assistance to figure it out.
While we were having these discussions, we were also using excel on Google doc, and this shows that time are changing. When I was a child, there were only one user per computer and that files could not be shared. Now everyone is on their own computer using the same document. How much time has change... This will only continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment